The Times Hotel has taken the appropriate measures according to the RIVM to ensure the safety of our guests and our employees due to the coronavirus COVID-19. We are looking forward to welcoming all our guests again soon and explain below what measures have been taken within our hotel.
Update per 28th of November
At the moment Amsterdam and we as a hotel still welcome all guests. This 'partial lockdown' mainly means that there will be more checks on proof of vaccination and negative tests. As from the 28th of November the restaurants, bars, all other shops and museums are mandatory to close at 17.00 pm. The face mask is obligated inside shops and public transport, just like the 1,5 metre of social distance.
There is no curfew, so even though the bars and other hospitality spots are closed at 17.00 pm - you can still have a walk around the city and check out the Amsterdam Light Festival or one of the food tours Amsterdam offers.
- All public areas (including the reception, toilets, etc.) are disinfected on a regular basis
- A disinfectant hand gel is available at the hotel reception
- In the hotel we use one-way traffic routes as much as possible
- The hotel entrance and hotel exit are separated with a clear route indicated
- The elevator is only used to go upstairs. We ask guests to take the stairs down so that the one-way traffic measure can be ensured
Before arrival we contact the guest(s) to check if everyone is healthy. During the check-in procedure, we make sure that there are as few contact moments as possible. The following measures apply at check-in:
- We will ask the guests to disinfect their hands
- We will ask the guest if they have symptoms related to the virus (nose cold, sore throat, etc.)
- We will ask the guest to fill out a ‘health statement’ before arrival
- There is a perspex screen on the reception desk
- All our employees avoid hand contact as much as possible
- Contactless payment is required
- The hotel rooms are cleaned and disinfected according to the measures of the RIVM
- We offer breakfast in the lobby. To regulate the number of guests during breakfast, we have 3 shifts per morning. Please let reception know at what time you would like to have breakfast.
- Coffee and tea is also available as take-away, happy to help you with this!
- The lobby area will be closed to our guests as from 17.00 pm as the government asks us to. Therefore it's not possible to eat or drink in the lobby.
- You can order drinks with us and take it to your room.
- Are you feeling under the weather? Travel plans botched? Let us know the day before your stay before 2PM. Only applicable to flexible rates.
- Please be careful with booking a non-refundable rate: one of the main conditions of this lower rate is that it can not be modified (change the dates) and no refund will be made in the event of cancellation. This is very clearly stated in our conditions. This is a risk you take in these (unfortunately still) uncertain times. We want to give you a heads up and to show you that in these times a flexible rate is (perhaps) a better choice.
Please note that all our employees are fully aware of the measures taken.
For more information and questions about the coronavirus COVID-19 we refer you to: www.government.nl & www.rivm.nl
The health and safety of our guests and colleagues is our highest priority.
We are ready to welcome you at The Times Hotel!